2 September 2020
We hope that you have had a healthy and enjoyable summer break, and we are sure that, like ourselves, you are eager for your children to return to school next week.
Further to our Parent Mail dated 17 July 2020, we are pleased to let you know that school will be reopening on Monday 7 September 2020 to children in Years 1 to Year 6. Please note that parents/carers of children in Nursery and Reception have already been notified individually about when their child should resume school.
The attached booklet ‘Information for Parents/Carers, September 2020’ summarises our arrangements. Please make sure that you have read this booklet thoroughly before next week. Please pay special attention to the sections detailing the symptoms of Covid-19 and what you should do if your child feels unwell with any of the symptoms.
Here are some key points to remember:
- At drop off and pick up times, please ensure that you leave the premises as quickly as possible and that you work with us to maintain social distancing, especially at this very early stage. Even with a flexible start and finish time, there will be a lot of people on the premises, and we must all exercise patience and common sense. We would encourage parents/carers to wear face coverings when on the premises.
- Adults are not permitted to enter the building, including the classrooms. Please make sure that you drop and collect your child as quickly as you can. At these times, the priority of the staff is to welcome and settle the children. It will not be possible to have lengthy face-to-face conversations at these times. If you need to communicate with staff, please do so by email (contact details will be provided in the coming days).
- If your child has medication (e.g. inhaler), and it has been taken home during the summer, then please hand it to the class teacher, who will transfer it to the office.
- All children need to wear their full school uniform and bring the following items:
- Water bottle
- Waterproof coat
- Pencil case with equipment for own use
- Packed lunch (unless a school lunch has been pre-ordered)
- Junior children will need to bring a fruit or vegetable snack for break time
We are very much looking forward to your children joining or returning to our school, and as before, we will happily respond to emails and feedback.
Mr Dean and Mr Walker
Mr P. Dean and Mr M. Walker