What is going on at Poringland? January 2018
There are lots of things happening at Poringland Primary and Nursery School. Here are some key things to know about right now.
- A new Senior Leadership Team is now in place. Peter Dean has been appointed as permanent Headteacher from September 2017, having been Acting Headteacher since January 2017. In January 2018, Matt Walker was appointed as Deputy Headteacher and Andrew Ringwood has been appointed as Assistant Headteacher. Liz Dewing is continuing in her role as SENDCo.
- During the Summer Holidays, Capco built ‘The Ark’ – a new outside play area in Nursery – and the new Play Area on the Infant Playground. The results are stunning and the children and adults are loving the new outdoor space. Our PTA are now fundraising for the next project!
- Two further classrooms and a small group room are under development at the present time, with the completion date expected to be Easter 2018. This will be eventually enable us to become a 2 form school of over 400 pupils!
- Sport continues to be a priority for the school, as usual this year. With our Sports Funding, we will be bringing in specialist coaches to develop our teaching and learning of P.E. and this will be in line with our School’s vision of being healthy and active. During the Autumn Term, Rachel has been teaching Gymnastics to our Year 1 and Year 2 classes. In January 2018, this has been extended to the children in Years 4, 5 and 6. Also in January 2018, our Year 3 children have been enjoying Karate lessons, and multi-sports with our SSCo, Kay Turner. Later this year, our Year 6 children will be going to Whitlingham for water sports.
- This term, our administrative staff will be looking at modernising the way we communicate. We are beginning to use ParentMail, which will hopefully improve our emailing system, and our payment system. There is more to come on this very soon.
- We have bought an exciting new Science program, developed by former Head, Sarah Minty. This interactive forum will improve the way we teach and think about Science in Key Stage 2. Sarah is coming in this month to introduce our staff in Key Stage 2 to the interactive service. The children will be hearing about this very soon from their teachers.